Part Time Pool In-Charge TR0009
Job Summary: To be responsible for and in charge of the administration and operation of the pool and on site programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: Cash register, safe, first aid and pool testing kits, Point of Sale, training, communications equipment, pool testing kit, recreation equipment rescue equipment and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- To be responsible for and in charge of the administration and operation of the pool and on site programs.
- Opens and closes the facility.
- Ensures compliance with Ontario Health Regulations and all relevant Policy and Procedure manuals.
- Ensures that facility and program staff levels are secured.
- Ensures that all staff are qualified and trained in emergency procedures and skills required of their position.
- Ensures that facility is appropriately equipped.
- Executes emergency procedures and uses safety/rescue equipment.
- Interacts with the public and staff to provide program information.
- Coordinates, plans, organizes, and implements special events.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program including cash handling.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Plans and implements staff training on site.
- Performs maintenance/janitorial duties as required, which include but not restricted to change room/washroom cleaning and disinfecting, pool chemistry tests, vacuuming, backwashing, chemical balancing, and pool fouling clean up.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Current LSSC Swim and LSSC Lifesaving Instructor (including Toronto program update).
- Current NLS.
- Current LSSC Aquatic Supervisory Training/Aquatic Management Training or Equivalent preferred.
- LSSC Examiner to Bronze Cross (Preferred).
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service training sessions - New Employee Orientation (NEO) or Returning Employee Orientation (REO).
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- One summers or one fall, winter, spring terms of experience as Instructor and Lifeguard.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.