After School Recreation Care - Preschool & Children Program Leader TR0050
Job Summary: To plan, organize and lead activities for preschoolers (0-5 years) and/or children (6-12 years).
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment
Season(s): Fall, Winter, Spring
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, organizes and leads activities for preschoolers and/or children.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Monitors preschoolers and childrens participation in activities and provides feedback to participants to ensue positive experience.
- Ensures the equipment and supplies meet Health and Safety standards, and are operational and stored away after use.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in Divisional policies and procedures.
- Liaises with caregivers and respond to inquiries.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Experience leading preschool and childrens activities.
- Skills and knowledge in a program area such as; arts & crafts, games, sports, dance.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Standard First Aid - CRP C Certification including infant and child cardiopulmonary resuscitation as recognized by WSIB.