Specialty Aqua Fitness Instructor TRMR10
Job Summary: To provide specialty Aqua Fitness instruction.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, pool testing kit, recreation, rescue and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Provides specialty Aqua Fitness instruction.
- Plans, designs and implements a specialized Aquafitness class, for all ages and abilities.
- Ensures that the equipment is in place and operational and that the equipment is stored away after use.
- Ensures compliance with Ontario Health Regulations and all relevant legislation and Policy and Procedures manuals.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Reports any situations and/or areas of concern to supervisor.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City policies and procedures.
- Performs maintenance/janitorial duties, including but not restricted to: change room/washroom cleaning and disinfecting, pool chemistry tests, vacuuming, backwashing, chemical balancing, and pool fouling clean up.
- Technical knowledge of the properties of water, and water exercise design.
- Current Aquatic Fitness Certification in one of the following: WaterArt - Aquafit Instructor or Canadian Aquafitness Leaders Alliance Inc. - Aquafitness Leader or Equivalent certification as reviewed by Aquatic Committee.
- Current Specialty Aquatic Fitness Certification in one of the following: Yoga, Tai Chi, Pre Post Natal, Seniors, Arthritis, Rehabilitation Specialist, Personal Training, Common Movement Disorders, Mind Body, Kids Instructor or equivalent certification as reviewed by Aquatic Committee.
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service training sessions - New Employee Orientation (NEO) or Returning Employee Orientation (REO).
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.