Job Summary: To provide specialized aquatic program instruction.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, pool testing kit, recreation, rescue and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Provides specialized aquatic program instruction.
- Plans, implements and conducts safe and educational swimming lessons for a variety of ages.
- Ensures that appropriate equipment is in place and operational and that the equipment is stored away after use.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Executes emergency procedures and uses safety/rescue equipment.
- Interacts with the public and staff to provide program information.
- Ensures compliance with Ontario Health Regulations and all relevant legislation and Policy and Procedures manuals.
- Performs administrative tasks necessary to support the program, including report cards and work sheets.
- Perform maintenance/janitorial duties including but not restricted to: change room/washroom cleaning and disinfecting, pool chemistry tests, vacuuming, backwashing, chemical balancing, and pool fouling clean up.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Coaching Level 1 (Theory, Technical & Practical) or other recognized coaching certification as approved an asset.
- Specialized certification: Synchronized Swimming, Spring Board Diving, Water Polo, SCUBA/Snorkelling.
- Current NLS (preferred).
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service training sessions - New Employee Orientation (NEO) or Returning Employee Orientation (REO).
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.