Aquatic Examiner TR0012
Job Summary: To conduct exams that meets the standards prescribed by the Lifesaving Society of Canada and/or other certifying aquatic agencies.
Machines and Equipment Used: Training, communications, recreation, rescue and various office equipment.
District(s): Etobicoke & York District/North York District/Toronto & East York District (Not available in the Scarborough DIstrict) District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Conducts exams that meet the standards prescribed by the Lifesaving Society of Canada and/or other certifying aquatic agencies.
- Conducts the testing of candidates.
- Teaches recertification courses.
- Ensures compliance with Regulations and all relevant Policy and Procedure manuals.
- Executes emergency procedures and uses safety/rescue equipment.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Represents certifying organization and the City of Toronto.
- Communicates exam results to candidates.
- Interacts with parents, participants and staff to provide information and answer inquires.
- Current LSSC Swim and LSSC Lifesaving Instructor (including Toronto program update).
- Current NLS.
- Current recognized Examiner certification for the level of examination.
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service and facility orientation training sessions - New Employee Orientation (NEO) or Returning Employee Orientation (REO).
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.