Job Summary: To assist in coordinating of the administration, planning, organization, and operation of Aquatic programs offered by Toronto Parks, Forestry and Recreation.
Machines and Equipment Used: Cash register, safe, Point of Sale equipment, training equipment, first aid kit, communications equipment, recreation equipment, Pool Test kit, rescue equipment and various office equipment.
District(s): Etobicoke & York District/North York District/Toronto & East York District (Not available in the Scarborough DIstrict) District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- To assist in coordinating of the administration, planning, organization, and operation of Aquatic programs offered by Toronto Parks, Forestry and Recreation.
- Ensures compliance with Ontario Health Regulations and all other relevant legislation and Policy and Procedure manuals.
- Ensures that facilities are appropriately equipped.
- Executes emergency procedures and uses safety/rescue equipment.
- Ensures that all facilities/programs are operating optimally and reports all concerns to supervisor.
- Performs and/or supervises administrative tasks to support the program including cash handling.
- Interacts with the public and staff to provide program information.
- Ensures that all facilities/programs staff levels are properly staffed.
- Ensures that all staff is qualified and trained in emergency procedures and skills required of their position.
- Monitors the performance of assigned Aquatic staff.
- Oversees the planning, organization, and implementation of special events.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Coordinates the implementation of staff training.
- Performs maintenance/janitorial duties including but not restricted to: change room/washroom cleaning and disinfecting, pool chemistry tests, vacuuming, backwashing, chemical balancing, and pool fouling clean up.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Current LSSC Swim and LSSC Lifesaving Instructor (including Toronto program update).
- Current NLS.
- Current LSSC Aquatic Supervisory Training/Aquatic Management Training or Equivalent preferred.
- LSSC Examiner to Bronze Cross (Preferred).
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service training sessions - New Employee Orientation (NEO) or Returning Employee Orientation (REO).
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- Valid Ontario Class "G" Driver's license and use of a properly insured automobile.
- Two summers or two fall, winter, spring terms of experience as Pool In-Charge.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.