Job Summary: To provide program support for creative arts programming.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, related creative art equipment and recreation equipment.
Season(s): Fall, Winter, Spring
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Provides program support for the arts program to the instructor.
- Assists with all program preparation and clean up (i.e. supplies set up and take down, equipment set up and take down, program clean up, etc.).
- Provides input into the program curriculum and design.
- Assists with the instruction of program where necessary.
- Assists with monitoring of participants during program or breaks.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Interacts with the public and all internal staff to provide program information.
- Adheres to all safety guidelines as outlined in the Part Time Recreation Workers Handbook and all relevant policy and procedure manuals.
- Assists with administrative tasks necessary to support the program (i.e. attendance, incident and accident reports).
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Formal training, leadership training or volunteer experience is an asset.
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service training sessions (NEO - New Employee Orientation).
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.