Children's Arts & Crafts Instructor TR0015
Job Summary: To provide basic creative visual arts instruction and skill development for children that allows self expression in a comfortable and safe environment.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, related creative art equipment and recreation equipment.
Season(s): Fall, Winter, Spring
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, organizes, implements and instructs Arts and Crafts programs for children in a specified medium (including but not limited to basic Art and Crafts, Popsicle Sticks, Scrap Crafts, Drawing and Finger Painting).
- Prepares lesson plans based on program curriculum prior to the start of the program session.
- Ensures necessary supplies and equipment list is provided prior to start of session to the appropriate supervisor.
- Ensures that the appropriate supplies and equipment are in place and operational before the start of each class and that the supplies and equipment are cleaned and stored away at the end of the class.
- Trains, directs any Assistant Art Instructor or volunteer assigned to the program.
- Establishes and maintains relations with the public and all internal staff.
- Adheres to all policy and safety guidelines as outlined in the Part Time Recreation Workers Handbook and all relevant policy and procedure manuals.
- Performs all administrative tasks necessary to support the program (i.e. attendance, incident and accident reports).
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Demonstrated ability to teach appropriate age group, demonstrated arts and crafts ability (portfolio), leadership training or volunteer experience
- Formal training and experience or post secondary qualifications in a related field is an asset.
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service training sessions (NEO - New Employee Orientation).
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.