Job Summary: To provide creative craft and hobby instruction and skill development for Adult &/or Older Adult programs that allows self expression in a comfortable and safe environment.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, related creative art equipment and recreation equipment.
Season(s): Fall, Winter, Spring
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, organizes, implements and instructs program session for Craft and Hobby programs for Adults &/or Older Adults in a specified medium (including but not limited to Stain Glass, Knitting and Woodcarving).
- Prepares lesson plans based on program curriculum prior to the start of the program session.
- Ensures necessary supplies and equipment list is provided prior to start of session to the appropriate supervisor.
- Ensures that the appropriate supplies and equipment are in place and operational.
- Ensures supplies and equipment are cleaned and stored away after use.
- Trains, oversees and evaluates assistant instructors or volunteers assigned to the program.
- Interacts with the public and all internal staff to provide program information.
- Adheres to all policy and safety guidelines as outlined in the Part Time Recreation Workers Handbook and all relevant policy and procedure manuals.
- Performs administrative tasks necessary to support the program (i.e. attendance, incident and accident reports).
- Demonstrated ability to teach appropriate age group, demonstrated arts ability, leadership training or volunteer experience.
- Formal training and experience or post secondary qualifications in a related field is an asset.
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service training sessions (NEO - New Employee Orientation).
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.