Music Instructor TR0019
Job Summary: To provide music instruction and skill development that allows self expression in a comfortable and safe environment.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, musical instruments, sound, art and recreation equipment.
Season(s): Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, organizes, implements and instructs program session for Music programs for a variety of ages (including but not limited to Keyboard, Guitar and Piano).
- Prepares lesson plans based on program curriculum prior to the start of the program session.
- Ensures necessary supplies and equipment list is provided prior to start of session to the appropriate supervisor.
- Ensures that the appropriate supplies and equipment are in place and operational before the start of each class.
- Ensures that the supplies and equipment are cleaned and stored away at the end of the class.
- Trains, oversees and evaluates assistant instructors or volunteers assigned to the program.
- Interacts with the public and staff to provide program information.
- Adheres to all policy and safety guidelines as outlined in the Part Time Recreation Workers Handbook and all relevant policy and procedure manuals.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program (i.e. attendance, incident and accident reports).
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Demonstrated ability to teach appropriate age group, demonstrated musical ability (audition), leadership training or volunteer experience.
- Formal training and experience or post secondary qualifications in a related field is an asset.
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service training sessions (NEO - New Employee Orientation).
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.