Assistant Camp Counsellor/Playground Leader TR0021
Job Summary: To assist with the planning, organizing, implementation, leading and evaluation of camp programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation equipment.
District(s): Scarborough Only District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Assists in providing a fun, safe and meaningful program for children.
- Assists with planning, organizing, implementation, leading and evaluation of a variety of camp programs.
- Assists with the organization and implementation of camp-wide events.
- Assists in dealing with incidents, problems, emergencies and parent concerns as outlined in Divisional policies and procedures.
- Interacts with parents/caregivers, staff, participants and community members to provide program information.
- Assists with the maintenance of the children's garden.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Camp or recreation experience working with children; volunteering and/or leadership training.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.