Job Summary: To ensure the care and maintenance of the grounds, buildings, supplies and equipment at the camp location.
Machines and Equipment Used: Cleaning, recreation and various office equipment, first aid kit.
District(s): North District Only District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Ensures the care and maintenance of the grounds, buildings, supplies and equipment at the camp location.
- Ensures the camp buildings and grounds meet health and safety standards.
- Assists in the training, direction and evaluation of part-time camp maintenance staff.
- Ensures that equipment and supplies are ordered, inventoried and maintained in a safe working condition.
- Communicates with site and facility operations/caretaking staff regarding building and grounds related matters.
- Interacts with parents/caregivers, staff and participants to provide program information.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems, emergencies and parent/caregiver concerns and comply with Divisional/City policies and procedures.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Ensures staff adherence to all policies and safety guidelines as outlined in Division guidelines.
- Knowledge of camp equipment and supplies.
- Previous experience in a camp setting is preferred.
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service training sessions (NEO - New Employee Orientation).
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.