Job Summary: To plan, develop, implement, lead and evaluate a variety of camp programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: Various office and recreation equipment, First aid kit, wading pool kit, recreation equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Provides a fun, safe and meaningful program for children aged 3 - 12 years.
- Plans, develops, leads and evaluates a variety of camp programs.
- Organizes, implements and oversees activities and events.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and parent concerns as outlined in Divisional policies and procedures.
- Ensures equipment is available and in safe working condition.
- Maintains children's garden.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Interacts with staff, participants, parents/caregivers and other community members/agencies to provide program information.
- Works in alternate locations to cover staff absenteeism.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Previous camp or recreation experiences working with children preferred.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- Must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer can view the City of Toronto's Leadership Guide to find and register for PHCD course.