First Aid Coordinator TR0025 - North District Only
Job Summary: To assess, treat and follow-up on injuries and all other health issues relating to campers and staff.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): North District Only District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Assesses treats and follows-up on injuries and all other health issues relating to campers and staff.
- Completes and maintain camper and staff medical records and reports.
- Ensures medical equipment, supplies and first aid kits are available and maintained in a safe condition.
- Communicates with parents/caregivers regarding accidents and injuries.
- Facilitates first aid training for part-time camp staff.
- Interacts with parents/caregivers, staff and participants to provide program information.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems, emergencies and parent/caregiver concerns as outlined in Divisional policies and procedures.
- Performs administration tasks to support the program.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Knowledge of Divisional and City Policies and Procedures including: administration of medication, first aid kits, needles, sharps and biohazardous disposal, participant accident and incident reports, communicable diseases and cross contamination.
- Practical first aid experience with children is preferred.
- Previous day camp experience is desirable.
- Previous camp and/or office experience is desirable.
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service training sessions (NEO - New Employee Orientation).
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.