Leadership Development Coordinator TR0026
Job Summary: To plan, organize, coordinate, implement and conduct leadership development programs for participants to learn leadership theory and develop leadership skills.
Machines and Equipment Used: Various office and recreation equipment, automobile, first aid kit.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, implements and conducts the theoretical component of the Leadership Development program.
- Coordinates the selection and evaluation of program participants.
- Coordinates and monitors placements for participants in recreation programs for practical experience and training.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Interacts with staff to provide program information.
- Assists in the publicity and promotion of the leadership program.
- Assists in the evaluation of the leadership program and makes program recommendations.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems, emergencies and parent/caregiver concerns as outlined in Divisional policy and procedures.
- Interacts with parents/caregivers, staff and participants to provide program information.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Experience working with youth.
- Degree or diploma in recreation or related field is preferred.
- Valid driver's license and use of a car is preferred.
- Previous experience in a camp setting is preferred.
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service training sessions (NEO - New Employee Orientation).
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.