Camp Specialty Instructor TR0027
Job Summary: To plan, organize, implement and lead a safe and enjoyable specialty camp program.
Specialty Area: Arts (Drama, Dance, Music, Visual Art), Sports, Nature, Science, Magic, Pottery, Animation, Cooking, Youth Leadership. Note: You must indicate your area of expertise to be considered for this position.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation equipment and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, organizes, implements and leads a specialty camp program area that is age appropriate and incorporates the principals of healthy child development (HIGH FIVE®).
- Provides resources for other staff to assist them in incorporating specialty programs and workshops for their camp groups.
- Provides set-up and take down of equipment.
- Interacts with parents/caregivers, staff and participants to provide program information.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems, emergencies and parent/caregiver concerns as outlined in divisional policy and procedures.
- Assists with the direction and monitoring of campers at assigned bus stops.
- Ensures equipment and supplies are available and meet Health and Safety standards.
- Assists with planning and implementation of special events.
- Assists in the evaluation of the specialty program and make program recommendations.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Experience planning organizing and implementing specialty programs for children.
- Extensive experience and technical training/certification in the specialty area.
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service training sessions (NEO - New Employee Orientation).
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.