Job Summary: To plan, organize, direct, administer and oversee safe and enjoyable camp programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: Various office and recreation equipment, First aid kit.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, organizes, directs, administers and oversees camp programs.
- Directs and oversees the development of camp program plans and schedules to ensure they are age appropriate as well as incorporate the principles of healthy child development (HIGH FIVE®).
- Assists with the planning and implementation of camp-wide activities.
- Coordinates and assigns staff to camper groups.
- Coordinates and directs all facility and location pre-camp set-up and post-camp clean-up/take down.
- Supports recruitment, hiring and training of staff and volunteers.
- Assists with the co-ordination and facilitation of camp staff training and orientation.
- Plans and conducts staff meetings.
- Provides ongoing direction and feedback (verbal and written) to camp staff in order to support and assist staff with skill and professional development.
- Performs administrative tasks necessary to support the program.
- Develops and distributes resources to assist staff with their programs.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems, emergencies and parent/caregiver concerns/inquiries as outlined in the Divisional policies and procedures.
- Interacts with staff, participants, parents/caregivers and other community members to provide program information.
- Ensures supplies and equipment are ordered and maintained in a safe working condition.
- Assists with the integration and support of campers with special needs.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Experience working with parents and other stakeholders.
- Experience directing, planning and administering recreational programs or camps for children.
- Post secondary education in recreation or related field, or related technical training would be an asset.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- Ability to direct staff
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.