Job Summary: To plan, organize, direct and administer safe and enjoyable specialty camp programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: Various office and recreation equipment, automobile, first aid kit
District(s): West and North District Only District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, organizes, directs and administers specialty camp programs.
- Directs the development of program plans.
- Directs and assists staff with planning and coordinating camp activities.
- Directs coordination and facilitation of camp staff training and orientation.
- Schedules and coordinates the camp busing schedule and bus stop monitors.
- Plans and conducts staff meetings.
- Assists with the recruitment, hiring and training of all staff and volunteers.
- Evaluates, verbally and in writing, camp staff in order to support and assist staff with professional and skill development.
- Ensures staff adherence to Divisional Policies and Procedures.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Oversees location and facility pre camp set-up and post camp clean-up/take down.
- Interacts with staff, participants and parents/caregivers to provide program information.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems, emergencies and parent concerns as outlined in Division policies and procedures.
- Ensures supplies and equipment are ordered and maintained in safe working condition.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Experience directing, planning and administering recreational programs or camps for children.
- Experience in directing staff.
- Post secondary education in recreation or related field is preferred.
- A minimum class "G" driver's license as required.
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service training sessions (NEO - New Employee Orientation).
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.