Job Summary: To co-ordinate the planning, organizing, implementing, directing and evaluating CAN-BIKE public programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: Bicycle, helmet, recreation and various office equipment, first aid kit.
Season(s): Spring, Summer
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Co-ordinate the planning, organizing, implementing, directing and evaluating CAN-BIKE programs.
- Assists with scheduling for the FUN Guide and production of the CAN-BIKE flyer.
- Arranges production and distribution of CAN-BIKE promotional materials.
- Schedules attendance at a variety of promotional special events and shows.
- Provides presentations and workshops for the CAN-BIKE program.
- Assists with instructor recruitment and training.
- Coordinates sale of instructor materials.
- Facilitates communication with instructors and Recreation Programmers.
- Provides logistical support for CAN-BIKE courses.
- Co-ordinates the CAN-BIKE hotline and answers public inquiries.
- Administers CAN-BIKE record-keeping.
- Assists with curriculum review and development.
- Prepares meeting agendas and minutes.
- Prepares reports and evaluations related to CAN-BIKE course delivery.
- Prepares and composes material for Cyclometer newsletter and the website.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Develops and distributes resources to assist staff with their programs.
- Works cooperatively and maintains ongoing communication with other program staff. Interacts with participants, staff and the public to provide program information.
- Attends and successfully completes related mandatory and in-service training sessions (First Alert, WHMIS, etc.).
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- CAN-BIKE certification
- Current Ontario Cycling Association Member
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.