Preschool & Children Program Instructor TR0051
Job Summary: To instruct introductory program level activities for preschoolers (0-5 years) and/or children (6-12 years).
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, organizes and instructs programs for preschoolers and/or children.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Provides instruction that will guide the child's development and provides feedback to participants to ensure positive experience.
- Ensures that equipment and supplies meet Health and Safety standards and are in place, operational and stored away after use.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in Divisional policies and procedures.
- Liaises with caregivers and respond to inquiries.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Experience planning and instructing preschool and children's programs
- Formal training/certification in related area an asset.
- Skills in a variety of program areas i.e. music, art, sports, games.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.