Job Summary: To plan, lead and organize programs for preschoolers (0-5 years) and /or children (6-12 years) providing on-site program direction.
Machines and Equipment Used: Cash register, safe, first aid kit, pool testing kit, Point of Sale, training, communications, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, leads and organizes programs for preschoolers and/or children.
- Provides recommendations regarding selection, training, and evaluation of program leaders.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Ensures that program facilities, equipment and supplies meet Health and Safety standards.
- Provides on-site direction and general guidance to staff.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in Divisional/City policies and procedures.
- Interacts with staff and the public to provide program information.
- Liaises with caregivers and responds to inquiries.
- Liaises with Divisions/staff and the public.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Working knowledge of City of Toronto Policies and Procedures related to preschool and children's programs
- Experience planning and instructing a variety of early years and children's recreation programs
- Registered Early Childhood Educator in good standing, Child and Youth Work or related diploma/certification and/or equivalent working experience
- Proficiency in use of office technology and computer applications relevant to the position; ie CLASS program registration, Point of Sale, word processing
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.