Preschool & Children Program Specialist TR0054
Job Summary: To plan, organize and independently lead specialized program activities for preschoolers (0-5 years) and/or children. (6-12 years).
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, organizes and independently leads specialty programs for preschoolers and/or children.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Provides instructions that will guide the child's development.
- Ensures that equipment and supplies meet Health and Safety standards.
- Evaluates participants and completes achievement records according to program curriculum.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes actions to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in Divisional policies and procedures.
- Liaises with caregivers and responds to inquiries.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Experience planning and instructing specialized preschool and children's programs
- Formal training and/or experience in specialized area of instruction specific to position hired; ie dance, drama, music, arts, sports, cooking, science, computers
- Certification in specialized area an asset
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.