Job Summary: To assist in the operation of a Fitness Centre.
Machines and Equipment Used: Cash register, safe, Point of Sale equipment, first aid kit, fitness, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Conducts weight room orientations and assists in the operation of a Fitness Centre.
- Ensures safe use, condition and storage of equipment.
- Handles in-person registration, phone enquires/bookings and monies.
- Reports any incidents/accidents and/or areas of concern to supervisor.
- Monitors and maintains attendance, fitness passes and memberships.
- Interacts with staff, participants and the public to provide program information.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Ensure safety and cleanliness in the fitness centre.
- Practical knowledge of the principles of resistance training
- Experience in fitness and/or enrolled in Fitness or Health-related course.
- Proficiency in use of current office technology and other computer applications relevant to the position. (i.e. CLASS Program Registration & Point of Sale)
- Ability to handle and balance money.
- Good knowledge & understanding of all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- Recognized fitness certification would be an asset.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.