Fitness Centre Consultant TR0057
Job Summary: To design and implement fitness programs based on personal fitness assessment results and assist in the operation of a Fitness Centre.
Machines and Equipment Used: Cash register, safe, Point of Sale equipment, first aid kit, fitness, recreation and other various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Designs and implements personal fitness programs based on personal fitness assessment results and assists in the operation of a Fitness Centre.
- Assists in the operation of a Fitness Centre.
- Ensures safe use, condition and storage of equipment.
- Handles in-person registration, phone enquires/bookings and the handling of money, where applicable.
- Reports any incidents/accidents and/or areas of concern to appropriate supervisor.
- Monitors and maintains attendance, fitness passes and memberships, where applicable.
- Interacts with staff, participants and the public to provide program information.
- Sets-up and takes down all necessary equipment for testing and programs.
- Attends and participates in all meetings and training sessions.
- Certified Fitness Consultant or CPAFLA.
- Experience in planning and implementing personal programs for all ages and abilities.
- Practical knowledge of the principles of resistance training.
- Proficiency in use of current office technology and other computer applications relevant to the position. (i.e. CLASS Program Registration & Point of Sale)
- Ability to handle and balance money.
- Good knowledge & understanding of all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.