Fitness Instructor TRMR58
Job Summary: To design, promote and implement fitness classes (including Zumba) within the guidelines of a recognized fitness certifying organization.
Machines and Equipment Used: Fitness, sound, recreation, first aid kit and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Designs, promotes and implements fitness classes within the guidelines of a recognized fitness certifying organization.
- Plans, organizes and instructs safe and enjoyable group fitness classes for all ages and abilities.
- Sets-up and takes-down all necessary equipment for the class.
- Reports any incidents/accidents and/or areas of concern to supervisor.
- Monitors and maintains attendance, fitness passes and memberships.
- Interacts with staff, participants and the public to provide program information.
- Ensures safe use, condition and storage of equipment.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Current Fitness Certification in one of the following: CanFitPro - Fitness Instructor Specialist, Ontario Fitness Council - Fitness Leader, YMCA - Fitness Instructor.
- Experience in planning and implementing a wide variety of fitness classes for all ages and abilities.
- Technical knowledge of fitness and wellness.
- Good knowledge & understanding of all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- Degree or Diploma in Physical Education/Health, Fitness & Wellness would be an asset.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.