Personal Trainer TRMR59
Job Summary: To provide individual or small group fitness training.
Machines and Equipment Used: Fitness, recreation, first aid kit and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Provides individual or small group fitness training.
- Performs basic fitness assessments.
- Designs and implements fitness programs based on assessment results.
- Set-ups and takes-down all necessary equipment for the class.
- Ensures safe use, condition and storage of equipment.
- Reports any incidents/accidents and/or areas of concern to supervisor.
- Monitors and maintains attendance.
- Interacts with staff, participants and the public to provide program information.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Current Personal Training Certification in one of the following: CPTN - Certified Personal Trainer, CanFitPro - Personal Trainer Specialist, Professional Fitness and Lifestyle Consultant or equivalent.
- Experience in planning and implementing personal fitness programs for all ages and abilities.
- Practical knowledge of the principles of resistance training.
- Good knowledge & understanding of all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- Degree or Diploma in Physical Education/Health, Fitness & Wellness would be an asset.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.