Older Adult General Interest Convenor TR0061 - North District Only
Job Summary: To plan, coordinate, administer and implement safe and enjoyable older adult drop-in or subscriber programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): North District Only District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, coordinates, administers and implements safe and enjoyable older adult drop-in or subscriber programs.
- Conducts special interest programs such as trips, cards, crafts and socials.
- Ensures that program facilities, equipment and supplies meet Health and Safety standards.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in Divisional policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Experience or interest in organizing a diverse program for older adults including: outings, special events, craft instruction, games and socials.
- Good knowledge & understanding of all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.