Job Summary: To promote programs and services for older adults.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Promotes programs and services for older adults and implements the delivery of older adult programming initiatives focusing on different cultures or different age groups.
- Interacts with staff, participants and the public to provide program information.
- Provides outreach to Community groups/partners and agencies in promoting awareness of older adult programming regarding recreational/social activities and available community opportunities.
- Provides outreach to older adults in ethno-racially-diverse communities with a focus on new immigrants and low-income communities; working with individuals/groups in implementing free physical activities/related events.
- Plans, schedules and conducts focus groups to gather data and feedback.
- Assists staff in implementing older adult programming.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Secondary School Diploma with several years' previous experience working in recreation programs in a community recreational and social setting and/or a combination of education & experience.
- Previous experience working with older adults and community recreation initiatives and experience in community outreach.
- Multilingual skills are an asset.
- Computer skills an asset
- Good knowledge & understanding of all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- An understanding and knowledge of issues such as: community outreach, diversity, barriers to recreation, access & equity, physical inactivity.
- Experience working with persons in a multicultural City range including people with disabilities and new Canadians.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.