ECO Program Instructor TR0064
Job Summary: To develop, plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate educational garden and nature based programs.
20-35 hours per week.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and office equipment.
District(s): High Park - Children's Eco Programs District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Develops, plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates children's garden and nature based programs.
- Develops, coordinates, implements and evaluates Eco Camp programming in nature exploration and organic gardening.
- Provides outdoor gardening, hiking and camp experiences for children and youth.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Interacts with staff, parents, schools, community agencies and the public to provide program information.
- Coordinates and delivers programming at community events.
- Maintains children's garden.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Knowledge of and experience in outdoor environmental education and recreation activities, especially for children 5 to 14 years old.
- Educational background in environmental studies/science, education, outdoor education/recreation or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of and experience in environmentally responsible gardening practices preferred.
- Current National Lifeguard Service (NLS) Certificate preferred.
- Experience in working independently as well as in groups
- Ability to work with and supervise people of all ages, especially children and youth
- Administrative, organizational, research, and program skills
- Good communication and public relations skills
- Knowledge & understanding of all relevant City regulations, policies and procedures an asset..
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.