Parks Youth Coordinator TR0068
Job Summary: To plan, design, organize and coordinate core programs and conduct research for Parks special events and projects.
Machines and Equipment Used: Communications, recreation and various office equipment, first aid kit.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, designs, organizes and coordinates core programs and conducts research for Parks special events and projects.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program. Prepares statistical reports.
- Interacts with staff, participants the public and agencies to provide program information.
- Develops and sets up computer applications to store and retrieve data.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Technical knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft word and excel.
- Must be available to work shifts/evenings/weekends. "G" license is an asset.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- Experience working in a parks program.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.