Job Summary: To oversee the administration and operation of Parks Stadiums and/or Rink recreational programs and the facilities.
Machines and Equipment Used: Various office maintenance, communications and recreation equipment, first aid kit.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Oversees the administration and operation of recreational programs and the facility.
- Provides and maintains customer relations to permit holders, participants and the public.
- Directs, trains and schedules staff.
- Directs, monitors and controls access to the program and/or facility.
- Maintains the facility by performing general cleaning duties, maintaining supplies and identifying required repairs and reporting deficiencies.
- Ensures set up is in place for permit holders and monitors use.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of special events.
- Performs administrative tasks necessary to support the program.
- Ensures the exterior of the facility is in good working order.
- Determines need for cancellation due to weather conditions and informs permit holders of same.
- Monitors permits for changes in application.
- Ensures emergency equipment is in working order.
- Ensures all available information for the public and staff is posted in a clear and visible manner.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Opens and closes the facility.
- Takes action to deal with, accidents, problems and emergencies, as outlined in the divisional policies and procedures.
- Interacts with staff, participants and stakeholders to provide program information.
- Ensures supplies are maintained.
- Performs maintenance duties. Identifies required repairs.
- Knowledge and understanding of all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Experience in performing janitorial duties.
- Demonstrated ability in the safe operation of related janitorial equipment (i.e. broom, mop, vacuum, ladder, hand tools, cleaning products, personal protective wear, shovel, etc.)
- Must be physically fit.
- Able to complete shift work including nights and weekends.
- Knowledge of arena and pool operation and regulations would be an asset.
- Good knowledge & understanding of all relevant regulations, policies and. procedures
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory training sessions (Neo/Reo, WHMIS, CLASS Program Registration, etc.)
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- If necessary, ability to obtain permit to drive Gator (golf cart like equipment)
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.