Job Summary: To assist recreation and facility staff with the delivery of recreational programming, the accommodation of permit groups and the provision of client customer service.
Machines and Equipment Used: Various office, training, communication and recreation equipment, cash register, safe, first aid kit, pool testing kit.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Assists recreation and facility staff with the delivery of recreational programming, the accommodation of the permit groups and the provision of client customer service.
- Provides guidance to program staff, participants and/or permit holders.
- Acts as supervisor as defined by the Ontario Health and Safety Act.
- Opens/closes facility including arming and disarming security systems.
- Ensures program staff levels are secured.
- Ensures set up for programs and permit functions is completed as per facility schedule.
- Ensures that facilities, programs, equipment and supplies are available and meet health and safety standards.
- Ensures Division's policies and procedures are adhered to by all staff and participants.
- Informs staff of all incidents/injuries in a timely manner. Ensures forms are completed and assists with follow-up.
- Assists with the monitoring and evaluating of programs and services.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the programs.
- Communicates with the facility maintenance staff and provides assistance.
- Acts as member of the on-site emergency response team.
- Completes a shift summary in the facility logbook ensuring that critical information is recorded.
- Assists with pre-opening activities including program preparation and staff training for seasonal operations.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City Policies and Procedures.
- Proficiency in use of current office technology and other computer applications relevant to the position (i.e. CLASS Program Registration & Point of Sale)
- Ability to handle and balance money.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to give direction to other staff in facility
- Ability to manage issues and to follow up with proper documentation
- Experience developing, implementing, organizing and evaluating recreation programs and services for all age groups in the following areas: Sports; Aquatics; Arts & Heritage; Cultural/Social activities; Fitness & Wellness; Adapted and Integration; Camps & Playgrounds; Skating; Special Events; After school Recreation Care and Youth Services would be an asset
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory training sessions (NEO/REO, WHMIS, CLASS Program Registration, etc.)
- Good knowledge & understanding of all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.