Job Summary: To monitor and regulate recreational skating activities and maintain a safe environment.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit and recreation equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Monitors and regulates recreational skating activities.
- Ensures a safe skating environment.
- Directs, monitors and controls access to the program and/or facility.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, accidents, problems and emergencies, as outlined in the divisional policies and procedures.
- Interacts with staff and participants.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of special events.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- Demonstrated strong competence performing skating skills.
- Experience working with various age groups preferred.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.