Skate Programs Assistant Instructor TR0076
Job Summary: To assist the Skate Instructor with the teaching of skate programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Assists the instructor with the teaching of lessons.
- Assists with the preparation of classes.
- Ensures the safety of participants while on and off the ice.
- Assists with the testing of skaters.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- Demonstrated technical competence performing skating skills.
- Experience working with various age groups preferred.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.