Leisure Skate Location Assistant In-Charge TR0077
Job Summary: To provide assistance in the coordination and administration of a Leisure Skate Program site.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, communications, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): Etobicoke & York District, North York District, Toronto & East York District (Position not offered in the Scarborough District) District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Provides assistance in the coordination and administration of a Leisure Skate Program site.
- Ensures a safe skating environment.
- Directs the Rink Guards.
- Directs, monitors and controls access to the program and/or facility.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, accidents, problems and emergencies, as outlined in the divisional policies and procedures.
- Interacts with staff and participants.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of special events.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Current Emergency First Aid, some locations may require Standard First Aid & CPR due to legislated requirements.
- Demonstrated strong competence performing skate skills.
- Previous experience as a Rink Guard preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures & regulations related to: Rink/Arena facilities; Skating or In-line Skating or Hockey (as appropriate); Health & Safety; Risk Management, Access & Equity.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.