Leisure Skate Location In-Charge TR0078
Job Summary: To provide direction, coordination and administration of a Leisure Skate program site.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Provides direction, coordination and administration of a Leisure Skate Program site.
- Assists with orientation and work direction of part time staff.
- Directs the Rink Guards.
- Adheres to all policies and safety guidelines as outlined in Policy and Procedure Manuals.
- Monitors and controls access to the program and facility.
- Ensures that the program location, equipment and supplies meet health and safety standards.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, accidents, problems and emergencies, as outlined in the divisional policies and procedures.
- Interacts with staff and participants.
- Plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates special events.
- Monitors and regulates recreational skating activities.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Current Emergency First Aid, some locations may require Standard First Aid & CPR due to legislated requirements.
- Demonstrated strong competence performing skating skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures & regulations related to: Rink/Arena facilities; Skating or In-line Skating or Hockey (as appropriate); Health & Safety; Risk Management, Access & Equity.
- Experience organizing & implementing drop-in programming; and leading, supervising or directing staff.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.