Job Summary: To instruct skate lessons.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Instructs skate lessons.
- Ensures that the program location, equipment and supplies meet health and safety standards.
- Ensures the safety of participants.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Assists with planning and coordination of special events.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, accidents, problems and emergencies, as outlined in the divisional policies and procedures.
- Interacts with staff and participants.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Current Emergency First Aid as recognized by the WSIB.
- NCCP accreditation preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in a recognized Skating Program, including
- technical competence performing skating skills.
- Experience working with all ages: pre-school, children, youth, adult, senior adult.
- Knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures & regulations related to: Rink/Arena facilities; Skating or In-line Skating or Hockey (as appropriate); Health & Safety; Risk Management, Access & Equity.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.