Job Summary: To coordinate, administer, implement and direct the Leisure Skate programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment, automobile
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Coordinates, administers, implements and directs the Leisure Skate Programs.
- Directs staff. Assists in the recruitment, selection, training, orientation and direction of part time staff.
- Plans, co-ordinates, implements and evaluates special events.
- Conducts program and site visits.
- Ensures that program staff levels are secured.
- Adheres to all policies and safety guidelines as outlined in Policy and Procedure Manuals.
- Ensures that the program location, equipment and supplies meet health and safety standards.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, accidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in the Divisional policies and procedures.
- Interacts with staff and participants.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Travels from site to site as required.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- Valid Class "G" Drivers licence and use of a properly insured automobile.
- Knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures & regulations related to: Ice Rinks and/or Arena facilities; Ice Skating and/or In-line Skating and/or Hockey (as appropriate); Health & Safety; Risk Management, Access & Equity.
- Experience organizing & implementing drop-in programming; and leading, supervising or directing.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.