Job Summary: To assist Ski/Snowboard Instructors conducting the Toronto Ski instructional programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: Ski and recreation equipment, first aid kit.
District(s): North York District District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Assists Ski/Snowboard Instructors in conducting Toronto Ski instructional programs.
- Assists in providing safe, instruction to program participants.
- Adheres to all Policy and Safety guidelines as outlined in Policy and Procedure Manuals.
- Interacts with participants, staff, spectators and other community members.
- Responds to inquires regarding participants' progress at the end of lessons.
- Implements and follows program outline.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings, clinics and training sessions.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.