Park Attendant TR0084
Job Summary: To monitor and ensure the safety of the Terrain Park users and the maintenance of the Terrain Park Features.
Machines and Equipment Used: Maintenance, ski equipment and first aid kit.
District(s): North York Ski Centre, Centennial Park Ski Centre District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Monitors and ensures the safety of the Terrain Park users and the maintenance of the Terrain Park Features.
- Ensures set up of all terrain features/equipment.
- Completes time-log sheets to monitor the features and conditions.
- Ensures all fencing and signage in and around park is installed, maintained and removed.
- Directs and facilitates public access throughout the terrain park.
- Maintains ski jumps, take offs, sides and landings of features ensuring they are accessible and safe at all times.
- Uses tools to ensure safety of above features.
- Monitors and repairs features closing off public access during this period.
- Performs closing operations and cleans all take-offs and sides of features inaccessible to groomer equipment.
- Maintains on-going communication and collaborates with maintenance and ski patrol staff.
- Interacts with participants, spectators and community members to provide program information.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Previous ski operation maintenance experience would be an asset.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.