Job Summary: To prepare and set up ski and snowboard equipment.
Machines and Equipment Used: Maintenance, ski and communication equipment, first aid kit.
District(s): North York Ski Centre, Centennial Park Ski Centre District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Prepares and sets up equipment for participants.
- Assists clients with fitting their equipment.
- Ensures all equipment (Boots, Skis, Snowboards, etc.) are prepared, returned, cleaned and stored in their designated storage area.
- Ensures work area is clean and free of hazards.
- Takes measurements and calculates correct DIN settings.
- Interacts with participants, staff, spectators and other community members to provide program information.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Certification on a variety of binding systems.
- Previous work experience in a rental shop or ski/snowboard technical shop would be an asset.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.