Lift Operator TR0086
Job Summary: To support the operations of ski lifts and ensure the safe loading of users
Machines and Equipment Used: Ski lift, communications and various office equipment, first aid kit.
District(s): North York District District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Supports the operation of ski lifts and ensures safe loading of users.
- Assists participants with use of lift (loading and unloading).
- Assists with hill set up and tear down.
- Interacts with participants, staff, spectators and community members.
- Ensures all users are riding with a valid lift ticket and snow passes.
- Take action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional policies and procedures.
- Rotates positions as per schedule and operational manual guidelines.
- Performs cleaning duties and takes direction concerning lifts from maintenance staff.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Trained on the proper use of the lifts. Ability to operate lifts.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.