Job Summary: To ensure a safe ski environment for participants.
Machines and Equipment Used: Ski, communications, emergency rescue, ski lift, and various office equipment, first aid kit.
District(s): North York Ski Centre, Centennial Park Ski Centre District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Ensures a safe ski environment for participants.
- Ensures the safety and direction of all participants on the ski hills.
- Ensures the safety guidelines are adhered to by all participants.
- Executes emergency procedures and administers first aid.
- Performs opening and closing procedures.
- Monitors the safety and terrain of all ski runs.
- Informs senior staff of dangerous situations.
- Ensures proper signage and fencing is set up and taken down each day.
- Ensures first aid equipment is available and operational.
- Monitors inventory of first aid supplies and advises staff when supplies are low.
- Reports incidents and accidents.
- Completes all documentation.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Interacts with participants, staff, spectators and community members.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Current certification with the Canadian Ski Patrol System.
- Toboggan and On-Hill Certification by Canadian Ski Patrol System standards.
- Previous experience volunteering or working with the Canadian Ski Patrol System or as a First Aid Responder is an asset.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.