Assistant Lift Coordinator TR0088
Job Summary: To direct Lift Operators and assist with the daily preparation and operation of the ski hill lift functions.
Machines and Equipment Used:
District(s): Etobicoke District District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Directs the Lift Operators and assists with the daily preparation and operation of the ski hill lift functions.
- Ensures staff rotations are being followed.
- Ensures all staff are signed in and dressed in the proper uniform.
- Ensures all signage is posted prior to opening of facility.
- Ensures lift line guiders are in place.
- Ensures all staff receive proper equipment to perform duties.
- Assists with annual evaluations of Lift Operators.
- Interacts with participants, staff, spectators and community.
- Monitors ski hill for those skiing or snowboarding without proper equipment or snow passes.
- Ensures all equipment is removed from hill at the end of the day.
- Opens / locks all tow huts.
- Ensures all incidents and accidents are reported to Lift Coordinator, maintenance and recreation staff.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Previous work experience as a lift operator.
- Previous work experience in a supervisory type role is preferred.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.