Job Summary: To assist in the operation and direction of Ski Patrol staff and respond to incidents
Machines and Equipment Used: Ski, communications, emergency rescue, ski lift and various office equipment, first aid kit.
District(s): North York District and Etobicoke & York District District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Assists in the operation and direction of Ski Patrol Staff and responds to incidents.
- Participates in ensuring staff are adhering to Divisional and Canadian Ski Patrol System guidelines.
- Assists in the recruitment, training and direction of Ski Patrol and/or Lift staff.
- Ensures proper signage and fencing are set up and taken down each day.
- Ensures first aid equipment is available and operational on a daily basis.
- Monitors inventory of first aid supplies and informs supervisor when supplies are low.
- Ensures lifts are being operated safely and in accordance with operation manual.
- Ensures scheduled rotations are being followed.
- Administers first aid and ensures that first aid is being administered by other staff (i.e. Patrol Attendants).
- Assists in ensuring that all documentation (i.e. accident report forms, staff injury forms, incident reports, daily logs, etc.) is being completed.
- Ensures all severe incidents and accidents are being reported to supervisor.
- Uses radio to communicate with other program staff.
- Ensures the Alpine Responsibility Code standards are adhered to by participants and enforced by staff.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Interacts with participants, staff, spectators and other community members.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional Policies and Procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Current certification with the Canadian Ski Patrol System.
- Toboggan and On-Hill Certification by Canadian Ski Patrol System standards.
- Previous experience volunteering or working with the Canadian Ski Patrol System or as a First Aid Responder is an asset.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.