Ski & Snowboard Instructor TR0092
Job Summary: To plan and implement safe ski and snowboard lessons for participants of all ages.
Machines and Equipment Used: Ski, recreation, communication and various office equipment, first aid kit.
District(s): North York Ski Centre, Centennial Park Ski Centre District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans and implements safe ski and snowboard lessons.
- Oversees participants for the duration of the lesson.
- Instructs groups and private lessons.
- Performs lesson preparations such as on-hill set up and tear down of hill materials area.
- Provides front-line customer service.
- Interacts with participants, staff, spectators and community members.
- Follows up with parent/guardian at the end of each lesson regarding the students' progression.
- Monitors participants and adapts lessons.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings, clinics and training sessions.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Current certification with the Canadian Ski Instructor Alliance (CSIA), Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors (CASI), Canadian Ski Coaches Federation (CSCF), or The Canadian Snowboard Federation (CSF). Note: Minimum Level 1 required.
- Previous work or volunteer experience as an instructor is an asset.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.