Ski Park Coordinator TR0093
Job Summary: To oversee the safety and guidance of the Terrain Park users and the maintenance of the Terrain Park Features.
Machines and Equipment Used: Rake, shovels, maintenance, communications, ski and various office equipment, first aid kit.
District(s): North York Ski Centre, Centennial Park Ski Centre District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Oversees the safety and guidance of the Terrain Park users and the maintenance of the Terrain Park Features.
- Ensures setup of all terrain features and equipment.
- Completes morning, mid day and evening time-log sheets to monitor the features conditions.
- Ensures fencing and signage in and around freestyle park is installed and maintained.
- Coordinates and facilitates public access throughout the terrain park.
- Maintains jumps, take off, sides and landing of features ensuring they are accessible and safe at all times.
- Monitors and repairs features when needed, closing off public access during this period.
- Interacts with staff and the public.
- Assists in ensuring that Divisional policies and procedures are adhered to by staff, participants and the public.
- Assists with the recruitment, interviewing, hiring and training of all Park Attendants.
- Communicates and collaborates with maintenance and Ski patrol staff regarding installations, repairs and rearrangement of features.
- Oversees closing operations including removal of fencing and signage.
- Oversees clearing of all take-offs and sides of features where groomer equipment is unable to do so.
- Conducts annual staff evaluations for Park Attendants.
- Creates freestyle design plan for designated area.
- Provides on-going assessment of safety of park features and their placement.
- CSIA/CASI Freestyle certification or equivalent
- Previous experience in the industry
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.