On-Snow Coordinator TR0094
Job Summary: To coordinate ski and snowboard instructors and participants in program lessons.
Machines and Equipment Used: Ski, communications, recreation and various office equipment, first aid kit.
District(s): North York District and Etobicoke & York District District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Coordinates ski and snowboard instructors and participants in program lessons.
- Assists the Snow School Coordinator with program lessons and the overall operation of the snow school instructional staff.
- Ensures all ski lessons start on time, are properly staffed, and safety standards are maintained.
- Oversees Parent and Tot area set up.
- Assists Ski Instructors with participant assessments.
- Oversees all participant transfers between levels.
- Assists with instructional ski staff training and conducts annual evaluations.
- Interacts with participants, staff, spectators and community members.
- Ensures programs meet Divisional and CSIA/CASI standards.
- Ensures adherence to all policy and safety guidelines as outlined in Policy and Procedure Manuals.
- Checks daily attendance and progression cards.
- Signs off on all ski instructors time sheets at the end of a shift.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Canadian Ski Instructors' Alliance (CSIA), Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors (CASI) certifications or equivalents. Note: Minimum Level 1 required.
- Previous work experience with a ski school.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- Previous teaching experience.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.