Job Summary: To oversee the daily preparation and operation of the ski slopes.
Machines and Equipment Used: Ski, communication, recreation and various office equipment, first aid kit.
District(s): North York District: District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Oversees the daily preparation and operation of the ski slopes.
- Directs the lift operators.
- Ensures lift staff schedule rotation is being followed.
- Ensures all staff are signed in and dressed in the proper uniform.
- Ensures all signage is posted prior to opening of facility.
- Ensures lift line guiders are in place.
- Ensures communication equipment is received and is operational.
- Interacts with clients, staff and the public.
- Monitors ski hill for those skiing or snowboarding without proper equipment or snow passes.
- Ensures all equipment is removed from hill at the end of the day.
- Opens / locks all tow huts.
- Prepares training manuals for Ski Centres.
- Conducts annual staff evaluations.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and complies with Divisional policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR Certificate.
- Current AED Certificate.
- Previous work experience in a supervisory type role.
- Previous work experience as a lift operator.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.