Job Summary: To plan and implement safe advanced ski and snowboard lessons for participants of all ages
Machines and Equipment Used: Ski, snowboard, recreation and communication equipment, first aid kit.
District(s): North York Disrict: Ski Centre, Centennial Park Ski Centre District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans and implements safe advanced ski and snowboard lessons for participants of all ages.
- Oversees participants for the duration of the lesson.
- Instructs groups and private lessons.
- Performs lesson preparation such as on-hill set up and tear down of hill materials area.
- Provides front-line customer service.
- Interacts with participants, spectators and other community members.
- Follow ups with parent/guardian at the end of each lesson with the students' progression.
- Monitors participants' and adapts lessons.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings, clinics and training sessions.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Previous work experience with a ski school.
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
- Previous instructional supervision experience in the industry.
- Proficiency with Corporate Computer Applications.
- CSIA/CASI certification or equivalent.
- Secondary ski/snowboard certification preferable, either CSIA, CASI or CSCF.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- Current AED certification.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.